Cybercrime.org.za is an awareness portal intended for informational purposes. The site provides access to relevant and trusted local and international resources aimed at educating individuals at all levels. The site also features help for reporting suspected activities. Cybercrime.org.za is a product of mytech, an ICT community-powered social initiative, born out of the needs identified over this past decade for pooling resources to address ICT challenges in South Africa and Africa-at-large.
Everyone has the potential to make a difference, so get involved in promoting awareness of safety and security practices in the use of computers and the internet, and work together as organisations and individuals in preventing cybercrime. It is our shared responsibility!
ECS-CSIRT - Electronic Communications Security - Computer Security Incident Response Team Covers the whole SA governmental organization Cyber-community. It handles computer security incidents and promote incident prevention programs to strengthen defenses and help reduce the impact of future attacks against assets and critical infrastructure.
FPB - Film and Publication Board - Pro Child A public service for reporting (anonymously), any child pornography or sexual abuse images discovered accidentally on the internet. This may also include child grooming activities hosted in chat rooms. FPB also disseminates news and safety tips.
ISG Africa - Information Security Group of Africa - eCrime By establishing partnerships between the public and private sectors, the eCrime Portal will enable an incident management capability that ensures the rapid exchange of information between members.
SARS - South African Revenue Service - Scams and Phishing Attacks Provides information on reporting suspicious or fraudulant activities and includes examples of the latest phishing/scam emails in which the SARS brand is being abused.
- MyFundi - Online Encyclopedia Summary concept and different types of cyber crime.
- Nedbank - Crime Awareness Counter Cybercrime Security Tips
- Nokia - Online Safety General online safety tips
- Panda Security - CyberSafety News blog on IT security and how to keep safe online
- Report A Crime Lists incidents of crime including Internet fraud, scams and hoaxes.
- SA Centre for Information Security Introduction to cyber crime, security threats and tips
- Scam Buster Lists current worldwide scams and scams specific to South Africa.
- White Collar Crime Task Group Advice, details of "scams", and successes of the SAPS.